Maths ID and dyslexia
The visual layout of Maths ID has been designed following the Dyslexia Style Guide published by the British Dyslexia Association.
The following measures have been taken to improve the accessibility of the site:
- Avoidance of white backgrounds to reduce glare.
- Use of dark coloured, but not black, text.
- Use of plain fonts.
- Spacing between letters and between lines is expanded.
- Use of underlining and italics has been minimised.
- Paragraph layouts have been left-justified.
- Paragraphs are broken down into chunks where necessary.
- Sentences are broken down where possible.
We believe that in the modern UK all resources relating to educational programmes should be made dyslexia-friendly by statutory requirement, in order to minimise the disadvantages experienced by dyslexic learners.
Maths ID 2019 - 22